CLASS REGISTRATION AND DETAILS
All classes currently live via Zoom
All classes Pacific Time
BY CHOOSING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS FORMAT, YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION, AND THAT YOU AGREE TO IRREVOCABLY RELEASE AND WAIVE ANY CLAIMS THAT YOU HAVE NOW OR HEREAFTER AGAINST ATHENA PAPPAS.
Please read through all this information thoroughly.
HOW TO JOIN ZOOM CLASSES
1. Classes are $12 per person/per class (M, F, SUN), $14 (SAT), please contact Athena for class registration & payment information and note class date(s) you are paying for.
2. IMPORTANT e-mail Athena for Zoom links to join class if you don't have them already.
3. Use provided links to join class - be sure to select the correct day. Please join class at least TWO minutes before start time. Those joining at or after start time will be let in 3-5 minutes after start of class.
Monday 5:00-6:00pm All levels
Friday 5:00-6:00pm All levels
Saturday 9:00-10:15am Intermediate
Sunday 10:00-11:00 am All levels
Monthly pricing rates offering savings and convenience available – contact Athena for more information
ALL-LEVELS CLASSES are appropriate for students all levels and abilities who are interested in yoga practice in the Iyengar method.
Recommended props: Yoga mat, yoga belt, yoga blocks (2). Household items such as a firm blanket, a beach towel, dish towel, or firm cushions can also be utilized. Alternatives and modifications will be offered for students whether they have props or not. Please consider getting a full set of props, you will get so much more out of your practice having them. It's a worthy investment and well made props will last you a lifetime. See suggested resources here.
INTERMEDIATE CLASS participates are requested to have a full set of props:
Yoga mat, yoga blocks (2), yoga belts (1 or 2), blankets (3-5), bolster, chair, a wall space (not required but ideal).
• Alternatives and modifications will be offered for limitations and conditions (i.e. menstruation, low back pain, knee pain, shoulder/neck pain) provided student has props.
• Participants without props are requested to have video OFF.
• ELIGIBIILTY – all students who’ve taken in-person intermediate classes at IYISF or Equinox, Women’s Class at Abode, or attended any workshops or retreats with Athena.
• Contact Athena directly if you have any questions about your ability to participate in this class.
Athena is offering in-person private lessons on a limited basis. For more information click here:
Athena cannot offer Zoom tech support to you at any time before, during or after the class. If you are have trouble with your connection, try logging out and back into Zoom. If your Internet connection is slow (perhaps many people in your home online) or you have a weak signal you may experience difficulty. Sometimes turning off video on your end helps.
SET UP FOR CLASS
Assemble your props and pick a space to practice. At minimum, please have a mat, block, blanket(s) and strap available. Having the use of a wall is helpful as well. If you don’t have props, modifications will be offered to the best extent possible. Be ready to begin 5–10 minutes prior to start of class. Bring other props like a bolster or chair if you have/need them. Set up your device or computer, it should be 6-8 feet away from your mat so the teacher can see your entire pose. A laptop works best. It’s helpful if your viewing device is up on a chair or coffee table so you can see the teacher more easily. Consider opening Zoom and start a meeting with video so you can adjust your screen to ensure the teacher has a good view. Most important is to show up and enjoy the class!
Your audio will be muted during class. If you have a question, you can unmute and ask. Make sure the volume on your viewing device is turned up. You can turn your video off if you prefer. You will still be able to see and hear the teacher. Instructor cannot provide technical (Zoom) support during class. If you experience technical difficulties, try logging out of meeting and then rejoin. Classes will NOT be recorded.
IMPORTANT: This is a very different format than an in-person class. The teacher will not be able to see and help individuals in the same way. Please take care of yourself! If something is not appropriate for you, please opt out of the pose.